I thought I needed to say a word about Christmas, although late. Thanks for your patience! We were thankful for many things this Christmas.
12. A reason to celebrate--Christ came in the flesh! What a wonderful, surprising fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies.
13. Such fulfillment of prophecy gives HOPE for the future--how will He fulfill His promises to come again? I can't wait to see.
14. Advent reading--we read Jotham's Journey again since Abby wasn't around the first time.
15. Fun making ornaments for my brother and sisters' families.
16. Enjoyment making ornaments with friends.
17. A house full while family came to celebrate with us, and making MORE ornaments.
18. A WHITE CHRISTMAS! For those in the north, you might not understand my excitement. We haven't had a white Christmas here since 1947! It actually started snowing the evening of Christmas.
19. Fun throwing snowballs at each other.
20. Snow sculpting a bear.
21. Singing at 2 nursing homes and the smiles that brought.
22. Esther 9:22 "that they should make them days of feasting and gladness, days for sending gifts of food to one another and gifts to the poor." The Jews celebrated this way when saved from Haman's wicked plot. I love how God smiles on feasting, gladness and food gifts when celebrating something special--especially something as special as His birth.